Fear not, my friends! You have not been abandoned! I am just lazy! Things have been a little crazy recently here in Amsterdam, so I’ve been a tad negligent in my blogging duties.
Fear not, my friends, for I have returned!!!
So, without further ado, I present to you: RANDO-LIST 3.0!!!
1. First, let me start with a few things that my Facebook friends have already seen. Check the image captions for more info and as always, click the image for a larger view.
Extra tall Dutchies + really low ATMs = Good laughs for all!
Cats in bars: An Amsterdam tradition since 1662.
This crap stuck around for two weeks.
2. Our shower had a small leaking issue a few weeks ago. Water was dripping through the walls and coming out of the lighting fixture above our dining room table. Not fun! Turns out that it was my fault for not cleaning a small filter that I was never told to clean (or that it even existed, for that matter).
Drip, drip, drip…
3. I was visiting with some friends here in Amsterdam when I suddenly found it necessary to use the restroom facilities. I was not prepared for the utter awesomeness that I encountered in what can only be described as “The World’s Greatest Home Restroom”.
A quick look to the left and all seems normal.
A quick look to the right and one quickly realizes that this is no ordinary home restroom. Am I in Narnia?!? What world is this?!!?
Indeed! Your eyes have not deceived you! A home restroom… WITH A URINAL!
Not only convenient for the man, but a real marriage saver too! Never again argue about keeping the restroom seat up or down! Wondrous!
4. I ran across another film premier at the Pathé Tuschinski. This time it was for a Dutch film called Verliefd op Ibiza, a sequel to the 2001 film Costa!. While I don’t know much about either film, I do know that they both share the common trait of never having been heard of outside of the Netherlands.
This premier was nowhere near the size of the Skyfall premier event we saw a few months ago. There were perhaps 20 or so people taking pictures and that was about it. It probably didn’t help that Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands announced her abdication of the throne about 5 minutes after I took this photo.
Lame… I know.
5. I found a new place to get a haircut! At first, I was encouraged by the old school atmosphere, but I quickly learned that the hunt for my perfect Amsterdam haircut must continue:
Old school, with a slight hint of stale cigarette smoke in the air. Just how I like my barber shop.
All seemed well with the haircut. No complaints there.
However, after asking for a slight trim on my beard, the guy proceded to remove about 80% of my facial hair. BUTCHER!!!
6. Our cat is transforming into some form of cave troll… with laser vision.
7. I found this odd vehicle parked outside of my apartment a day or two ago. I’m not 100% positive about this, but I think it has something to do with nuts, sacks, and Gotye. Then again, I did zero research to find out if I’m wrong.
De Nootzaak Gotjé delivery “truck”
8. Finally a note about why I’ve been neglecting this little corner of the web: I’m currently doing some photography and design work for a local eatery. Here’s a taste of some of the things I’m doing for them:
Additionally, I’ll be updating my photography website in a few weeks with some of the photography work that I’m currently working on.
Look for more updates on this endeavor in the following weeks. Keep your peepers peeled for the de-de-details!
Alright! That should do it for now.
Coming later this week/weekend: Antwerp Beer Trip!