Fear not, my friends! You have not been abandoned! I am just lazy! Things have been a little crazy recently here in Amsterdam, so I’ve been a tad negligent in my blogging duties.
3. I was visiting with some friends here in Amsterdam when I suddenly found it necessary to use the restroom facilities. I was not prepared for the utter awesomeness that I encountered in what can only be described as “The World’s Greatest Home Restroom”.
Indeed! Your eyes have not deceived you! A home restroom… WITH A URINAL!
Not only convenient for the man, but a real marriage saver too! Never again argue about keeping the restroom seat up or down! Wondrous!
4. I ran across another film premier at the Pathé Tuschinski. This time it was for a Dutch film called Verliefd op Ibiza, a sequel to the 2001 film Costa!. While I don’t know much about either film, I do know that they both share the common trait of never having been heard of outside of the Netherlands.
This premier was nowhere near the size of the Skyfall premier event we saw a few months ago. There were perhaps 20 or so people taking pictures and that was about it. It probably didn’t help that Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands announced her abdication of the throne about 5 minutes after I took this photo.
5. I found a new place to get a haircut! At first, I was encouraged by the old school atmosphere, but I quickly learned that the hunt for my perfect Amsterdam haircut must continue:
6. Our cat is transforming into some form of cave troll… with laser vision.
7. I found this odd vehicle parked outside of my apartment a day or two ago. I’m not 100% positive about this, but I think it has something to do with nuts, sacks, and Gotye. Then again, I did zero research to find out if I’m wrong.
8. Finally a note about why I’ve been neglecting this little corner of the web: I’m currently doing some photography and design work for a local eatery. Here’s a taste of some of the things I’m doing for them:
Additionally, I’ll be updating my photography website in a few weeks with some of the photography work that I’m currently working on.
Look for more updates on this endeavor in the following weeks. Keep your peepers peeled for the de-de-details!
Alright! That should do it for now.
Coming later this week/weekend: Antwerp Beer Trip!